‘Smart India Hackathon 2017‘, or simply The World’s Biggest Hackathon will be hosted by India. SIH (Smart India Hackathon) is a pan India competition.
This competition involves many activities and will be spread for the duration of 36 hours. SIH will be the biggest non-stop digital programming competition ever held.
The participants will simultaneously compete from across 33 locations in India, working in teams. They’ll try to offer digital yet sustainable creative solutions to solve real-time challenges faced by the nation. This event will harness the creativity of millions of bright young minds like you. This is a great opportunity for colleges to showcase their creativity. Teams will share their technical knowledge, get recognized and get a chance to win exciting prizes.
Do’s for Smart India Hackathon
- Identify your team, give your team a savage name.
- Team must be 6 persons, with at least 1 girl in it. All Boys teams are not allowed.
- An all girls teams are also allowed.
- For making a team all the members are supposed to be from the same college.
- Coding is a must. All the team members must be coders.
- There is a cap of 3 entries per college.
- All these entries will have to be endorsed by either the HoD, Dean or the Principal of the college.
- Be awesome, amazing and showcase your talent at the World’s Biggest Hackathon.
Dont’s for Smart India Hackathon
- Teams with members from different college cannot apply.
- Direct student submission of the teams without college endorsement will be rejected.
- All boys teams will be rejected.
Ministries participating in the SIH:
- Airport Authority of India, Ministry of Civil Aviation
- All India Council for Technical Education
- Department of Atomic Energy
- Department of BioTechnology
- Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Department of Defence Production
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industries
- Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications
- Department of Rural Development
- Department of Science and Technology
- Indian Council of Medical Research
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Ministry of Ayush
- Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER)
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate change
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Food Processing
- Ministry of HRD (NCERT+CBSE+NIOS)
- Ministry of Railways
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- National Commission for Protection of Childen Rights (NCPCR)
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Tourism
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSIONS EXTENDED TO 31ST JAN’17.