Call For Papers
BLACK HAT USA 2017 Call For Papers IS NOW OPEN
Call for Papers Opens: January 31, 2017
Call for Papers Closes: April 3, 2017
Notification to Authors: by end of May 2017
Submit proposals by completing a submission form on the Call for Papers (CFP) server at https://usa-briefings-cfp.blackhat.com/. All applicants must read and agree to the Call for Papers Submission Requirements prior to making a submission. All submissions must be received on or before April 3, 2017 at 23:59 PT.
WHAT ARE THE BLACK HAT BRIEFINGS?
The Black Hat Briefings were created 20 years ago to provide computer security professionals a place to learn the very latest in information security risks, research, and trends. Presented by the brightest in the industry, the Briefings cover everything from critical information infrastructure to widely used enterprise computer systems to the latest InfoSec research and development and everything in between. The Briefings are vendor-neutral, allowing the presenters to speak candidly about real problems and potential solutions across both the public and private sectors.
- Briefings: 25 and 50-minute presentations (traditional presentation format)
- Submissions may only be entered by researchers/speakers (no submissions from PR firms/marketing representatives).
- Black Hat does not accept product or vendor related pitches. Black Hat will disqualify any product or vendor pitch.
- Black Hat will disqualify incomplete submissions; complete your submission in its entirety.
- Your submission should clearly detail the concepts, ideas, findings, and solutions a researcher or speaking team plans to present.
- Submissions that highlight new research, tools, vulnerabilities, etc. will be given priority.
- Submissions that include White Papers will also be given priority.
- Individuals may submit more than one proposal but each proposal must be submitted via a separate submission form.
- Each submission must include detailed biographies of the proposed speaking team.
- Submitters will be contacted directly if Review Board members have any questions about a submission.
- If you have any questions regarding your submission, please email them to email@example.com.
Black Hat strongly supports and encourages responsible disclosure. To this end, Black Hat has a strong partnership with the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) to provide pro-bono legal consultations to security researchers on the legality of any research or data they plan to present at the event.
If you have questions about the legal implications of your security research or presentation, contact Electronic Frontier Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REVIEW BOARD & CONTENT SELECTION
The Black Hat Review Board is comprised of 24 of the industry’s most credible and distinguished security professionals and thought leaders throughout various areas of the information security community. The Review Board advises Black Hat on its strategic direction, reviewing, and programming conference content and providing unparalleled insight into the research community. You can find more information on the Review Board here: blackhat.com/review-board.html
Black Hat strives to deliver one of the most empirical content selection processes in the industry. All submissions are vetted thoroughly by the Black Hat Review Board. Each submission is reviewed for uniqueness, overall content expertise, and accuracy before any selections are made. Through the course of this dynamic review process, Black Hat Review Board members will frequently ask researchers for clarity on any areas of question in their submission(s) – whether it be about the uniqueness or audacity of claims made. The best submissions come with academic-grade papers, proof-of-concept code, and/or video demonstrations of the work done. Of note, Black Hat does not support pay-for-play Briefings. The Black Hat Briefings are, and always have been, independently selected based on the quality of content and area of expertise rather than sponsorship.
(25 and 50-minute presentations)
ADDITIONAL EVENT INFORMATION
Please visit blackhat.com for previous conference archives, information, and talks. Updated announcements about Black Hat USA 2017 will be posted to newsgroups, security mailing lists, and the Black Hat website when available.
We reserve the right to change or modify our Terms, dates and/or content of this page at any time without prior notice.